Or even kick me a little bit hard.
I have been an extremely bad blogger.
As cliche as it sounds, the reality is I have caught the tumblr bug, and been posting on there. ALOT. missmagenta.tumblr.com
But alas, as much as I am enjoying being a rampant poster on the other side of the web, something is drawing me back here.
Maybe it is because I haven't really had the chance to post ramble.
And let's face it, if it wasn't for dry, semi-self-centered drivel, where would this blog be, dear friends?
It is now (somehow) August.
I enjoy this month because it means that spring is on it's way and I can slowly stop wearing socks and a dozen layers of various clothing, so I don't freeze to death.
Although, let it be said, I do prefer the cold. Maybe not blizzard/psycho/madness weather, but a brisk, sunny afternoon? Yes, please.
-Watching Misfits for the first time. I am taking full advantage of my day's off and attempting to watch the shows on my waaay, overdue MUSTWATCH list.
i am only up to ep.2 so far. It is not what i expected.
Actually, i can't even remember if I knew what it was about the first time I wanted to see it. The characters are good and I can see where Skins got a lot of cues from.
I think the plot was the most surprising thing for me. I guess I thought it would be more like Skins...but i am actually pleased that it is taken on it's own form.
I think it will be like any TV series that i watch...it takes a bit of time and unfolding, then..... BAM!!.... hooked!!
Speaking of Skins, this so-called "hooked-ness" only occurred during series 1 and 2.
I did watch the following seasons, but as I am sure it has been said MANYMANYMANY times before...the series really lost it's raw, cutting -edge slant, which is what made the show so fucking brilliant in the first place.
- Re-reading The Bell Jar. Love it, every time.
- Planning on some DIY clothing/ re-vamping projects....I'll keep you posted.
- Just completed some (rough) sketches of a new, body of work based on solidarity that has been in works for about six months now. I am not sure how many pieces I will have in total, but I am excited with the concept and also the notion of completing a series of works. (Something I have not done since I was at College)
The works will be done on paper and canvas and probably use black ink, a'la Joy Hester meets Charles Blackman/Brett Whiteley style. Updates soon.
- Re-discovering: Mazzy Star, my love for florals (i went off them for a bit) pyramid studs, Clare Bowditch's sophomore, album "The Moon Looked On."
- Still considering cutting my hair. I am really stuck on the decision. i know it is fairly, vain thing to be yammering on about a possible, dream haircut....but am angry that i just can't step out and take the plunge. (Ha!! "Plunge" , it WOULD be a few inches and a bit of lopping and there...it is hardly a Plunge.) I have an affinity with long, mermaid hair which I have never had...i think this other fantasy is also obscuring the process. Whadaya think? keep or chop???
Ok, so this was a small update. I am reallllllyyyyy hoping that the next one will not be too far away.
Here is a little collage of outfits, dreams, books and things.